Saturday, September 30, 2006

R.I.P. Sgt. Pepper

I've made the decision not to continue my Sgt. Pepper jacket. I just don't like the way it's turning out in this yarn, so I've ripped out the sleeve, put the yarn in a bag and will make something different with it someday. It's time to let it languish in the stash for a while.

In the meantime, I'm going to refocus on other projects that I want to finish up. And.... a friend and I have decided to make sweaters with David Gilmour's (Pink Floyd) face on the front. It'll be my whimsical knitting for a while. I have yet to finish the design, so it's destined for future knitting.

Will I make Sgt. Pepper? Maybe. But for now, I'm just going to take a long break from it. Let it be.

It's been fun to 'meet' you and I'll be checking back on the blog to see your progress.

All the best from Colorado.... Joanne

3 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

I don't blame you one bit Joanne. I've decided not to continue with mine, I'm just not happy with the look and feel of the fabric at that gauge. The Cathay will be great for other projects, which is the way I'm looking at things. There isn't any point continuing with something if you're not enjoying it and won't be happy with the finished result!

6:14 pm  
Blogger T said...

It's all certainly very odd isn't it? The picture on Anna's blog looks so nice but mine isn't going to be like that. I've gone too far to stop now (although it means buying ANOTHER ball of the black) so one day I might show you something I can wear, lol.

I love Pink Floyd - that's an ambitious project Joanne and I look forward to seeing it :)

10:02 pm  
Blogger Seahorse said...

I think I've come to the same decision really. As DC says, life's too short if you're not 100% happy with a project. Ah well!

9:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home