Friday, August 25, 2006

Bit more done

No pictures yet because I want to tidy it up a bit, and I think that adding the buttons will help. Last night I did the collar cabling, which I found very hard on just 4 stitches! Today I've sewn it on and it's ok but a bit untidy. I think when the buttons are sewn onto the ends it will look tons better, and I'm wondering if anyone has buttons yet? I'm just off to have a search and see what's available online.

Having looked at Katie's I can see just how much too big mine is, but I won't moan. My fault after all and it's probably still wearable. I even think I *might* make this again in the smaller size (I know, gone mad!) as I love the pattern so much. The more I do, the cleverer I think it is :D

5 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

I have a few button sites bookmarked, and one of the few useful things in "Knit Today" was an article about online button sources! Will have a look myself at some point soon and post what I find. I think it's best to use plastic ones though, because of the weight, as it says in the pattern.

12:15 pm  
Blogger T said...

I've found a couple now. It's easier than I thought to find them online :)
http://www.ribbonmoon.co.uk

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Button-Heaven

Both of those look fine. I'll maybe buy some in the week as I'm cracking on with it again. Yes, definitely plastic ones. The ones Anna used are quite plain aren't they, I reckon there could be a lot of room for individuality in the buttons.

1:13 pm  
Blogger katie said...

i'm considering felting mine very lightly to make it smaller.

for buttons, i'm using these from ebay, i thought they were suitably nautical.

4:07 pm  
Blogger T said...

I can't believe I've run out of black again! I've already bought 1 more than the pattern states and now I'll have to get another. Mine is obviously going to be huge, I may well be felting too Katie.

I like your buttons. I might look for some plastic ones that look like those nautical metal ones.

10:01 pm  
Blogger T said...

Seahorse buttons would be great C :)

The only thing left to do in the actual knitting is one sleeve cap (only did one sleeve then got bored, lol)and the right front hem, the sort of button band bit. So, I only need a little bit, and enough for sewing up, slight nuisance.

I can be getting on with more cabling and plackets, that'll probably take me ages :D

11:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home