Thursday, August 17, 2006

I-Cord



Here's my first attempt at a Cathay i-cord using my new Embellish Knit. I think it's not bad! There is a rather lumpy bit near the start but I might be able to get rid of that with practice and if not I can always trim off the first couple of inches. Beats hours huddled over my dpns anyway!

I know some people have tried the Prym/Inox version of this and it hasn't liked Cathay, so if you're looking for an i-cord mill I guess the Embellish Knit is a better buy for Sgt P.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Once you got going, it looks very smooth. It'll be wonderful if you can use this gadget for your I-cord. Aren't knitting gadgets great?

I've been working on the Colour on Colour scarf from the Scarf Styles book. Between the scarf and this jacket, I have a LOT of I-cord ahead of me!

1:48 pm  
Blogger T said...

That's really good and will only get better as you get used to it. Total result! :)

3:14 pm  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

That looks great, might have to invest in one of those!

5:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home