Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I have my yarn!

Actually, the title is more than a little deceiving. I've finally decided what yarn to use - Cathay. After checking out many others, none seemed to fit the bill as well as Cathay. Now, the very hard decision as to what colours to use. I went to the yarn store today and purchased one ball of #03 red for swatching. I'm pretty sure that red will be in the jacket, so that's why I chose it. None of the blues that were in the store said "duck egg blue" to me. Can you tell me the number for duck egg blue?

I'm not convinced that I want white on my jacket, but maybe I do. I'll be glad when the decisions are made and I have the yarn in my hands so that I can start knitting. Off to swatch ....

4 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Dreamcatcher and I both have the wrong yarn shade (we think!) Have a look at the previous posts and you'll see our dilemma :)

12:50 pm  
Blogger T said...

Joanne, I can't comment on your blog for some reason but if you want pics of completed jackets DC has put them all in the sidebar here.

12:58 pm  
Blogger Joanne said...

Hi..Thanks for the input. I've looked at the ones in the sidebar, and hoping for even more pictures. Decisions, decisions!!

I'm anxious to start knitting, but must decide on colour and size first. I like the fabric at 20sts/in. better, so I may have to make the adjustment. Row gauge is okay.

1:08 pm  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Yep we have the colour I think is called Mint - the one that is called Duck Egg blue is basically pale blue!

Finally got the comments thing sorted out too LOL>

5:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home