Saturday, July 22, 2006

Yarn Choice?

I'm thinking about starting in the new few weeks and struggling with a yarn choice. Have any of you ever knit with Knit Picks' Andean yarn? It's tempting me, and the price is certainly right, but I'm wondering if it would have enough stability for a jacket? Will it pill? I'd be grateful for any opionions.
http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/itemid_5420126/yarn_display.aspx

I'm still considering Cathay, but I'm wondering about it being too thin and loose a fabric. I notice that the Alchemy yarn$, which is also used for this pattern, is heavier. What a dilemma! Do you like the Cathay and the way it's turning out for you? Would you choose that again for this project?

What's a knitter to do? *L*

4 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Sorry I can't be much help with the yarn choices, I haven't started mine in Cathay yet and haven't used Knitpicks yarns. They don't ship over here and you need to find someone to order for you then send on, a bit of a palaver :-) Nanatoo can probably be of more help, when she gets back from holiday.

1:05 am  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thanks... if you ever need anything shipped over, let me know!

1:58 am  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Ooh thanks Joanne!

*goes off to plot* :-)

2:23 am  
Blogger T said...

Sorry folks, I got back from holiday on Friday but I'm finding it hard to get back into the swing of things.

Erm, Cathay is very loose and open and thin, and I'm absolutely sure my jacket is going to be completely wrong, but that's probably just my frame of mind at the mo. I see you have it anyway so we'll just have to see :)

12:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home