Friday, July 28, 2006

Some more pics
















More thrilling pics. I THINK the back hem is right, although I did it a few times, not believing it. It looks as if there is a tiny bit of red showing on the outside and the 7 rows of st.st. are turned INSIDE the jacket. I had a look at photos and it seems that is the case. I can't sew the hem until it's all sewn together so I have turned it over to show you. Our camera being what it is, you don't have to see the seams on the back (it's called Princess with 3 bits sewn together for shaping?) I like the sleeve. The sleeve I like :)

Still think I will run out of black, still think this is way too big but if you know me you will know I can't go back but would rather carry on regardless. One other thing about Cathay is that the ball keeps falling to bits, big lumps of yarn coming off the original ball and getting all tangled. You know I'm not an old hand and don't know what this is, just the slipperiness of it? I have had to rewind all the balls though to make them keep their shape.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seahorse said...

Wow! You've done LOADS!

I think DB's ballwinder is rubbish, cos I've noticed that 'falling apart' thing with her other yarns too. Rather annoying!

12:47 pm  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Yep I've found this happens with "slippery" yarn too, also had it happen with RYC cashsoft .

4:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home