Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Made a start!



I'm on the third of the back pieces now. I'm finding this a very quick knit, although I'm sure I won't be saying that once I get to all the detailing! I haven't used Cathay before and I've had a few panics over my tension. Having laid out the pieces I've done so far though, they are 'near enough' (!) the specified measurements, so fingers crossed it will be ok!

I'm thinking about minimising my colour choice. Do you think if the body was green and all the detailing was black that it would work? I want to try and strike a balance between having a spectacular jacket and something I don't feel uncomfortably over dressed in!

7 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Looks lovely C. I think it would be ok in 2 colours, but for me one more would really add to it. I know what you mean though, if you're not 'flamboyant' by nature ;) I'm having a think about the colours ... I might have a little draw of it in green and black and then add one other and see how it changes it. If the third colour was something else quite muted maybe? Like a grey? I'll do some drawings as I find it hard to visualise :)

12:15 pm  
Blogger T said...

You've already done drawings! I forgot :)

1:04 pm  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Lol T. My other thought was to do it green and black but make the frogs silver/grey. Don't think I really like the gold I bought.

1:23 pm  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

I like the green, black and silver grey idea, I think that will look great.

Love the green too!

12:48 am  
Blogger Joanne said...

I think that green, black and silver would look wonderful, too.

My yarn came yesterday!!!

10:16 pm  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Yay Joanne! Can we see it? Will you be starting soon? I've been delighted with how quickly mine is going. Five of the body pieces done already :0

7:35 am  
Blogger T said...

HOORAY for yarn! :)

2:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home