Thursday, April 20, 2006

I'm in!

I saw this pattern and was smitten just a few days ago, then co-incidentally found dreamcatcher & nanatoo were doing a KAL, so it seemed like fate! I'm not sure I have the oomph or the figure to completely carry off the original (!), so mine will be a more subdued version in colours similar to those worn by the delectable Richard Sharpe [pause to find smelling salts]. At the moment I'm still in the very early stages of planning. I've ordered my pattern from Get Knitted (due to lack of working printer) and haven't yet chosen my yarn. I like Cathay but it doesn't come in the shades I really want - I'm thinking bottle green for the body, dark grey for the cuffs and plackets (that is what they're called isn't it?) and black for the i-cord and trim, with silver coloured buttons.

I'm a fairly slow knitter who easily gets distracted by shiney objects, so I may well be here for some time! I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's progress :)

Seahorse

3 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Claire (I'm Tina, by the way) I'm so glad we have another Sgt.Pepper knitter. We really thought it might be just us.

Bottle green, dark grey and black sounds wonderful. I can tell one of these won't be enough. But I had better not say that until I've tried the first one!

I hope you can find some yarn you're happy with to make the Sharpe version. Don't worry, I'm not a fast knitter either and tend to have several WIPs.

4:08 pm  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Welcome Claire! (I'm Louise BTW). Very glad you have joined us. I LOVE the colour palette you're going with, Rifle green :-) Bit of a Bean/Sharpe fan here :-)

5:27 pm  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Thanks for the welcomes ladies!

3:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home